Looking for easy and delicious recipes? The latest in nutrition and weight loss? This is your blog!
This is similar to a traditional ratatouille, and it is one of my best secret weapons. I use this as a side, in pasta sauces, in salads, on meats—you name it. The combination brings a different dimension to your dishes, and it gives you so many great vegetables. Once you bring this into your recipe list, you’ll always go back to it.
Serves 12 (1 cup each)
Olive oil spray
1 large red onion, cut into large pieces
2 red bell peppers, cut into large pieces
4 medium zucchini, cut into large pieces
1 large eggplant, cut into large pieces
1 large cauliflower, florets only
A pinch of garlic powder
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray a large roasting pan with olive oil.
3. Place the cut vegetables into the pan, making a single layer, and spray olive oil over them.
4. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and black pepper over the vegetables to taste.
5. Place roasting pan in the oven for about 20 minutes.
6. Stir the vegetables and place them back in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes or until desired color/tenderness (I prefer mine slightly soft and browned).
Calories 66; Fat 1.6g; Protein 4g; Carb. 11.6g; Fiber 4.6g; Sugar 5.8gFreebies: 2 NSV; 0.5 FAT